Saturday, January 21, 2012

Oh my Gosh my very first post

So I guess I'll begin with me...

This isn't an update of what's going on with my kids or what's going on with my family kind of blog...well not in the way people would expect.  I decided over the last 14 years of marriage and raising kids....I've been through a lot. This is mainly for me....and well if anyone else cares to read along and it helps a little then all the better.
My name is Angela (Angie...Ang. whatever the heck you want to call me). I'm 39 years old. I grew up in South Jersey (New Jersey) and I've lived in Utah for 20 something years now.  I have 4 kids... 2 teenagers..almost 3 teenagers...and the cutest little 7yr old that you will ever know, who has a cognitive disability, but just wants to be loved and love everyone around him.  I love music and working in my garden...and laughing. I'm  very sarcastic...you will probably pick up on this at some point. 
I'm married to a man who is an alcoholic... He drank for the first 10 1/2 years of our marriage. Yes, he has been sober for 3 1/2 years now.  6 months after he quit drinking he was diagnosed with Hepatitis C and Cirrhosis. Along with those two problems (as if that wasn't enough) he has Diabetes and Vasculitis.  He's only 42 yrs. old....and he's hoping to make it to his 43rd birthday in a couple of weeks.....I'm currently on leave from my job, I have been since the end of October, when he developed pneumonia and spent almost 4 weeks in the hospital and then another 2 weeks in a rehab facility... He was able to come home right before Christmas and we placed him on Hospice right after.  This is when I decided to write down my story....my life experiences. The joys of being a mom and raising 4 kids... But also the pain, frustration, exhaustion.. of living with alcoholism and now being a caregiver... None of it is easy, it never has been, but I've learned over the past 14 years who I am, how to get through all the crap...and learn how to be at peace and forgive... Actually I should say.. I've learned over the past 3 1/2 years how to do all this. Before that... well...I was just very angry.

I will mostly be talking about what we go through now....I try to find humor where I can, because I have to... and when life throws lemons at me, which it seems to have done over and over again lately...well I decided to start throwing them back...and saying "I'm sorry but I prefer lime in my Diet Coke"
Life is what we make of it....we can take what we are given and learn from it and move forward... or we can sit back and be miserable and stand still. I did that for years....I'm ready to move forward....

3 comments:

  1. good for you Ang! I think this is going to be an awesome outlet for you.
    LOVE you, Ang (which is what I prefer to call you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sister...you are a writer! That was awesome. And i agree with Debbie, Ang is my favorite too.

    ReplyDelete