Monday, August 6, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me :o)

Today is the day.  Yep it's my birthday.....40 yrs young.  You now have permission to wish me a Happy Birthday.  I feel the same as I did yesterday and the day before that.  I look in the mirror and other than the strands of grey hairs that I have I don't think I look that old.  I'm really not sure what 40 is supposed to look like.  It's more weird to think about. It doesn't upset me, or  make me feel old.  How am I celebrating?  Well on Saturday my husband and I went to dinner and a movie.  Now I'm not a huge movie watcher.  But my husband really wanted to go to one (even though I didn't....he doesn't listen very well....just some of our issues, deal with it and move on, I'm pretty used to this).  It was however a night out without kids....and it was good, it was nice.  We've been married for 14 1/2yrs, but we've never "dated" much....so it's always a little quiet...awkward..I don't have the right word for it.  Today I've just relaxed.  The kids have cleaned the house....I allowed my son to drive his dad to the store to get whatever supplies are needed for dinner and cake.  Right now, they are on their second trip....that's what happens when you leave going to the store to boys ;o).  I made sure my daughter accompanied them the second time.  When they asked me what I wanted for dinner.  My answer....whatever you want to make me....if you want to buy pizzas I'm totally ok with it.  Let's be honest as long as they clean it up...it really doesn't matter.  I've been spoiled by friends....and I asked earlier on FB for people to tell me how we met.   And if you know me and have any memories at all that you want to share about our friendship...I would love to hear them.  All in all it's been a good day.... Happy Birthday to me... Now I'm going to cuddle up with my little guy and watch some more of the Olympics and let everyone else do all the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment