Thursday, June 20, 2013

I Like Sticking to a Routine

I'm a have a routine and stick to it kind of gal....that is until I get tired of it and switch to something else and start all over again.  I'm not a huge fan of change, but I don't like things to stay the same forever either.   I can eat the same thing for breakfast everyday for weeks, maybe even months.   When my children were babies I had them sleeping through the night by the time they were 2 months old.  (I've mentioned I don't do well when I'm exhausted).  I had a routine....a schedule for them and I stuck to it.  I was blessed with very good babies.  As they got older they had their naps and meals and went to bed every night at the same time.....I didn't have much of a life back then.   I had rules and schedules and I was pretty strict about keeping to them.  And then they got older and I got older and all that flew out the window.   I still have schedules that we stick to, but it mainly consists of chores being done.  One of my own routines is having a workout schedule.  I like to workout at the same time everyday... I get up, I workout, I eat breakfast, and I get on with my day....whatever the day brings.  Six days a week this is how my days went.  I have a really hard time with things getting planned during my morning routine...appointments....school stuff....whatever.   It's kind of like riding a bike and having someone put a stick in my wheel.  It throws me off.  Not sure why, but it really irritates me.  Most evenings I look forward to that morning workout and if I can't do it I feel.....blah.  When I started working nights.....man, it threw me completely off balance.  But, I started my workouts and stuck to them 6 days a week a couple months in advance because I knew going back to work would do that.  I'm still trying to find my balance.  I've dropped from working out 6 days a week to 3 - 4 days.  Mixing in even more appointments for Todd is a challenge, but I refuse to give up.  So far I've lost 25 pounds and I feel good.  The hardest part of all this is realizing that even if I can only workout 3 days a week it's still better than nothing.   Breaking from my routine that I had for so long is  REALLY hard for me, it shouldn't be, but it is.  Figuring out when to eat now....even harder.   Shifting my schedule and being at work until 3am means I don't have very much time in my day to do things anymore, unless I sleep a lot less. Me sleeping less means I get cranky....and me being cranky means I'm not fun to be around..... I like being fun.....I like sleep.  Not having a good routine right now is so incredibly frustrating, however, I'm not willing to lose sight of the goals that I set.  If I want something bad enough, I will find a way to get it done....even if it means not being able to have a set schedule.  I figure if I can get over this hurdle.....well honestly it will be a really big one for me.  Maybe it seems silly and wouldn't be a big deal for someone else, but for me it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment