Thursday, April 17, 2014

If You Need Me.....I'll Be In My Garden...


It's that season I love the most....Spring!  Winter is finally over, thank
goodness, and I can finally get out and do what I love most, gardening, and just being outdoors.  OK, I'm not a master gardener, and quite honestly if you were to walk around my flower garden I couldn't tell you
half of what I have planted, however,  I like  that I can make things grow.  Is that weird?   This is a huge stress reliever for me, and it is incredibly relaxing.  So when I've worked through the winter blahs and I'm tired of being indoors and it's warmed up outside enough for me to
want to spend hours out there, I
head to one of the many garden centers around me and I start buying things to plant.  I love bright colors, so I usually choose any flowers I can find in red, yellow, orange, blue,  with a little white thrown in here and there.  I have no plan when it comes to planting,  I dig a hole and put a
flower in it.  I'm not a designer, I'm not that creative.  Mostly I just like watching things grow.  Proof in me
not be a master gardener would be
the fact that I clearly have done something wrong this year with my vegetable garden and the seeds that I planted about a month ago, well......I'll be starting over again
next week with that project.  I can grow a good tomato, but that doesn't
mean I really know what I'm doing half the time.  I need sunshine and I need to be able to walk around barefoot....  I need to live where it's warm year round.  That will probably never happen, but who
knows, life has thrown me some pretty crazy curve balls, you just never
know.  In the mean time I'm just enjoying the beautiful weather we are having, working in my gardens, spending time down at the pond near our house, watching the ducks and geese and whatever else shows
up.  I've been taking lots of pictures, sunsets have become my favorite.
  Everything is so new again  in Spring and it's hard not to smile seeing everything coming alive all around me. I absolutely love it.   So, if you need me, I'll be in my garden, or down at the pond, or taking a long drive, relieving a little stress,
soaking up some sunshine and enjoying the world around me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment