Saturday, September 15, 2012

Saturday Morning....

I don't know about everyone else in the world, but Saturday is usually clean the house day...at least in the morning.  I don't get too picky about this because really my house is lived in and it will NEVER be completely clean.  Every once in a while I get that cleaning bug where I get motivated to clean EVERYTHING....and by the time I finish with one room....I've gotten over my bug.  My walls will never look perfect because I have a son who writes and draws on all of them. He is getting a little better about it, but every once in a while I see a new word or smiley face somewhere.  I don't get upset about it...and sometimes I laugh.  Three words at the top of my stairs in pink permanent marker.... Wii...Leapster...Penis...Tried to remove them....can't....and I'm not painting anytime soon. Maybe he was expressing three things that were important to him that day....who knows.  We get a good laugh over it and go on with our day. (By the way anyone with ideas to remove marker from walls feel free to share).

Today has already been one of those interesting days, I got up and took my oldest son to work and on the way we actually had a real conversation.  One that didn't involve the words....please...that's so unfair....can I....you always say no... I actually feel like we made a half step forward.  When I got home and opened the front door to find my 14 year old son in a mid ninja like move with fly swatter in hand....I just laughed and walked up the stairs.  As I got upstairs I could hear my youngest son talking in his room and I peeked in and saw him chatting away with his cars using different voices and making a movie with his leapster.  When I said "good morning" to him....he jumped, looked at me, smiled and said... "Mom...don't scare me like that."   When I looked in on my daughter....still sleeping room still a mess...I let her sleep (we would have negotiations later on when she would get her Ipod back) and I decided I really needed a workout today after the brownie, cookie, reeses peanut butter cup thing that I made last night that made me sick. 

Right now as I'm writing my 14 yr old is helping his little brother clean his room (voluntarily)....and my daughter, because she really wants her Ipod back today instead of next week has agreed to finish her room, clean the kitchen, clean the living room and I told her she had to do 30 minutes on the elliptical (I threw that one in because sometimes I like being a smart ass).  There is a radio turned up because my kids, like me need music to clean....it makes it so much more tolerable....and I think I'm going to attempt to clean my closet, but I'm going to go get me a diet coke first....No I haven't given up caffeine yet, but I am feeling better with other changes I have made.  Have a great Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment