Friday, April 6, 2012

My Psychic Experience....

About a week ago I was invited to a class.  This particular class had a Psychic as the guest speaker. Now this is where my family I'm sure thinks I'm a little nuts, but I find this kind of stuff fascinating. Whether I believe it all or not, I just think it's interesting. So I went...it was something completely out of my comfort zone.  See I don't have a problem going shopping or for a drive by myself...but I don't normally go places where I interact with people by myself.  That goes along with me just being shy and awkward.  So since I'm all about change and making myself do new things....well that's exactly what I did. 

So the lady speaking focused on past lives....now this is where I'm completely skeptical...I have my own opinions of why people might think they were someone else in a past life.  But I'm not really going into it.  I did think it was all really interesting and even was able to have a quick reading done on me.  This is how it went....

She started by asking me if when I was a little girl I was afraid of the dark...really afraid of the dark.  I was and in some cases I still am. She told me that was because in my past life I was a boy...a street urchin...in a place, possibly Paris and I died of starvation in a dungeon.  Personally I think my fear of the dark comes from there being ghosts in my house that I lived in until I was 6....that would walk by my bedroom door and come in my room and just sit there.  It freaked me out enough that I still have times now that I feel like someone is there and I'll keep my eyes shut if I'm in my room at night in the dark by myself, or I'll keep the tv on.  I think my junk food addiction would probably be more of something I would have carried over since I never had food and died of starvation.
Next....she got a little emotional when she asked who I knew that was very sick....and of course I started crying. (One thing you need to know about me...I cry whenever anybody cries.  I can't even help it, and I feel completely stupid because I'm over emotional). I told her it was my husband and she told me he wasn't going to get better....this I know.  Then she told me how Todd's grandmother is always with him and we have a lot of people that surround us.  My dad being kind of like a superhero... my strength...she said he's basically saying I'm here to be strong for you...you don't have to try and be so strong all the time. That was pretty much it...I did talk to her a little bit afterward but mostly about the same stuff.

So this is what I took from it. She really didn't tell me anything I didn't already know (except for the past life stuff...but like I said it's really not my thing). I liked talking to her and hearing what she had to say.  So I took what she said back to my husband.  My husband who is really scared to die.  Really scared that nobody will be there for him. I think one of the main reasons I needed to go was to get information to help ease his mind...to comfort him.  Now I've talked to him before, others have talked to him about what may happen after this life.  He just has a hard time believing things. So I figure if what a psychic says can ease his mind a little so be it.  So I told him about his grandmother how she is always with him telling him it will be ok....and I honestly think it helped even if it's just a little bit.

Whether or not you believe in this stuff it doesn't matter....sometimes it's ok to have a source of comfort.  We are comforted in all different ways... through prayer...through religion....through friends....strangers.  Nobody can tell us what is going to happen in our lives, we choose our own path, and that can change over and over from one moment to the next.  But I think people do have gifts and if used in the right way, it isn't a bad thing. I take everything with a grain of salt....but I also keep an open mind. Overall I thought it was all very fascinating I've thought about going to talk to a Psychic for a long time....and I might just do it again sometime...

2 comments:

  1. interesting...
    I love doing stuff like that.
    hey, I say when we get to do our trip alone, we should go do crazy stuff like this. for fun :)

    ReplyDelete