Friday, April 13, 2012

Stress...stress...and more stress...

This week the stress of everything has been just about enough to push me over the edge....or make me completely shut down.  It's been two maybe even three weeks since any of my in-laws have been around, (Well until today, my father-in-law came by and took Todd to lunch).  So...no help from them what so ever.  Not sure what happened to the schedule that we are supposed to have, where they take turns to come out each week at least once or twice to help out, but apparently everyone has decided that it's too much for them.....awesome. (Ok that's how I feel...I don't really know what their reasoning is).  But no matter because either way....it sucks.  To add on to the stress I already deal with on a daily basis.  I have my oldest son's court date next week.  I'm glad he's finally going to have to answer to someone for his actions.  I wish more than anything as a parent I could do something...say something to him to help him understand that he can't just do what he's doing and expect just a slap on the hand.  My son has taken the stance of not listening to his dad and I at all.  Telling us "No" to everything...and then taking the attitude of....so what are you going to do about it.  Can't ground him...he just tells us 'no'.  So he's going in front of a judge who is going to ground him, 30 days house arrest.  His probation officer has already informed him of what is going to happen.  Good thing....I guess. I'm not going to lie, it's hard having him at home...his mood...his attitude, you can feel it as soon as he comes in the door most times.  And for the second time this week I find myself saying...I'm not sure who exactly this is supposed to punish, but I hope it works.  Then I have my little guy...my youngest.  I just scheduled another IEP meeting with his teacher, resource teacher, and school psychologist.  I hate these meetings.  Nobody quite knows where he fits in, and I feel like his teacher wants to blame everything on ADHD.  Yea ok....I would say he does have this, but it's only a small piece of the puzzle.  He's almost 8...talk to a "normal" 8 year old and then try talking to my son.....HUGE difference...nothing to do with ADHD. It's so frustrating I want to scream.  To say the least, I'm really stressed out about this meeting, and giving him a pill isn't going to fix everything.  Add on the stress of finances and figuring out how to get through each month, saving doing my taxes until the absolute last second (which I've never done before), and getting insurance stuff done so I still have insurance....and I've had it.  To top it all off....I have to go to my in-laws tomorrow for a birthday party and when I went to the grocery store today, they were all out of my diet coke in the 20oz bottles, which is how I like it, so I stood there staring at the empty row not knowing what to do for a couple of seconds (It's ok you have permission to laugh at this).  I'm weaning myself off of the diet coke and so I just got water.  But....it was just one of those moments where I wanted to scream..."Really!?!?...after the day and the last couple of weeks I've had I can't even get the damn diet coke that I want!"  So...now is when I take my deep breath, I tell myself to get over it, and I make myself deal with everything that I desperately want to avoid. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger....right?  Damn....one day I'm going to be frickin' Super Woman....

1 comment:

  1. oh Ang. I TOTALLY get it.
    Completely and totally.
    I JUST stood at the fridge wanting to cry because there isn't a cold soda in there...

    ReplyDelete