Saturday, February 4, 2012

It Was Just That Kind of a Day

Some days..... Two things... I have an ugly bitch side to me that I'm really not that proud of and I am one of the very few women in the world that hates shopping. Of course I'm married to one of the few men in the world that loves shopping.  I didn't like shopping with him when he wasn't sick. Days spent shopping always ended in an argument. Because he is a wanderer, and he has to look at EVERYTHING.  We've had 3 hour trips to Walmart...seriously. Now that his health is bad taking him out is just not that easy...and I try really hard to be patient....I do. The problem is he knows how to push all the right buttons and then my patience all goes out the window.

Yesterday I promised my husband I would take him out today.  He really needed a day out of the house and I told him as long as he was feeling ok and he wasn't looking too tired I would take him. Well this morning I woke up in a really bad mood...for whatever reason. I laid in bed for two hours hoping my husband had forgotten we were going anywhere, and about 10:30 he came in the bedroom dressed and ready to go...of course. So I dragged myself out of bed showered, even did my hair and makeup and put something on that wasn't an old t-shirt.  Bad mood or not I still was going to look good. Even left the house by 11:15, and we were off me, my husband and our 14yr old son.  Five hours later.... I WAS DONE.  It wouldn't have been so bad if I was running a ton of errands that was keeping me busy...that I can do.  Three out of the five hours spent at a Pet Store, was enough to push me over the edge...and it did. And this is when my ugly bitch side appeared. The pet store was the last stop...there was no way I was going anywhere else...my phone was almost dead...my Ipod was dead and I was tired. I understand my husband needs this time and I feel bad that I get so upset...but I would rather take him once a week for 30 minutes of wandering up and down aisles than one three hour trip of wandering up and down aisles...the store isn't even that big. So I got mad put my foot down said it was time to go...and didn't say a word to him the whole way home.  When we got home I let him and our son out of the car...looked at my son and told him my phone is almost dead so if you have a problem call your grandpa....and I pulled out of the driveway and left.  Yes my ugly side...I admit it some days I just can't handle and I needed to get away from my house.  I even went so far as to tell my husband "tough"..and hang up on him when he called and told me he couldn't get in the bedroom because I had the keys. (yes we lock our bedroom door when we leave the house to keeps our kids out of it).  He didn't need to be in the bedroom anyway...I knew he was just going to do whatever he does with his fish tanks. (still another post for another day). 

Where did I go?  I went to the hospital, where my sister had a baby two days ago.  I needed to hold my niece... I needed a little calm in the middle of my storm.  So I sat and held her for an hour...and she is beautiful....perfect. Ok maybe I'm weird but newborns have that affect on me....instant relaxation.  The only thing better would be a massage...well I don't have the money to get one or anyone to give me one. So I'll take a little baby time...So happy my sister had her this week and so happy I was able to get up there to see them both.  And even though I told my son I had no idea when I would be home...I was actually only gone an hour and a half.  I even made dinner for the kids.  Now I'm sitting here...by myself...eating leftover Chinese food and watching Psych..staying away from everyone and relaxing a little more. 

So now you know, NEVER take me shopping in one place for more than 30 minutes. And if you see me starting to lose it stick a newborn baby in my arms.  I know... more than you really needed to know about me....but it was just that kind of a day...and I'm glad it's almost over.

2 comments: